PIXIES ANNOUNCE 2017 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR1.24.17
PIXIES ANNOUNCE 2017 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR
LOS ANGELES, CA – Tuesday, January 24, 2017 — Pixies, one of the most influential alt/rock bands of all time, will take their signature aural mix of psychedelia, dissonance, surf-rock and loud-quiet-loud on a five-week tour across North America in 2017, the first of a three-leg trek across the continent. Following stops in Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and the band’s first-ever South African concerts, the North American tour will launch at the Fox Theatre in Pomona, CA on Friday, April 21, and will see the band playing theatres and open-air venues. There will be several special ticket pre-sales prior to the general on-sale which will begin this Friday, January 27 at 10AM local time. Log on to www.pixiesmusic.com for all pre-sale and general onsale purchasing details.
BUY TICKETS AT THEBOMBFACTORY.COM for the Dallas stop on the tour!
Public Access TV* and Cymbals Eat Guitars** will split the support slot over the course of the tour.
For these 2017 dates, Pixies – Joey Santiago/guitar, Black Francis/guitar & vocals, David Lovering/drums and bassist Paz Lenchantin – will introduce to its North American audiences a brand new stage set designed by their longtime production manager Simon Foster and lighting designer Myles Mangino. The design is simple and sleek and fashioned around special pods that house all of the lighting, positioned behind the band. Fans can expect a set list comprised of the classics and catalogue rarities as well as newer songs from Indie Cindy and the band’s latest release, Head Carrier. As is the norm, there will be no firm setlist for Pixies’ shows; their sets, while pulled from nearly 90 songs that the band has rehearsed and is prepared to play, will change somewhat from night to night with every number determined just before it’s performed.
Pixies kicked off the European leg of their 2016-17 global run last November, playing sold-out shows throughout the UK and wrapping up in Birmingham on December 8. Confirmed dates for the 2017 North American trek are as follows:
- 21 Fox Theater, Pomona, CA*
- 22 Cal Coast Credit Union Outdoor Amphitheater, San Diego, CA*
- 23 House of Blues, Anaheim, CA*
- 25 The Theatre at Ace Hotel, Los Angeles, CA*
- 29 The Bomb Factory, Dallas, TX*
- 30 White Oak Music Hall, Houston, TX*
- 1 Stubb’s, Austin, TX*
- 3 Saenger Theatre, New Orleans, LA*
- 5 Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN*
- 6 Madison Theater, Covington, KY*
- 7 EXPRESS LIVE! Amphitheater, Columbus, OH*
- 9 The National, Richmond, VA**
- 11 Durham PAC, Durham, NC**
- 12 Shaky Knees Music Festival, Atlanta, GA
- 16 Lincoln Theatre, Washington, DC**
- 19 House of Blues, Boston, MA**
- 20 House of Blues, Boston, MA**
- 21 Paradise Ballroom, Boston, MA**
- 23 Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA**
- 24 Webster Hall, New York, NY**
- 26 Brooklyn Steel, Brooklyn, NY**
* Public Access TV will support
** Cymbals Eat Guitars will support